Thursday, July 3, 2008

My first snickers!

We have an hour off until our first lecture and Allie went to the pool, so I figured I would update this real fast.
First of all, congrats to Wes and Em.....closing on their new house today! And I would like to welcome Lenny into the fam (their new dog) It's about time that we have a dog in the family again. (Hint mom: great graduation present to buy me a dog).

Secondly I was given a Chinese cell phone today, so if anyone has the great urge of going and buying a phone card and calling me here it is: 13910046887 .....you can also text, but I have no clue the cost of that.

That out of the way, Allie and I woke up this morning and walked to a local coffee shot. It was really good and the menu had pictures so we did a lot of pointing and smiling- which I'm sure my life will consist a lot of in the next 2 months. We honestly make a really good team. We got to try on our uniforms so we could see Chinese sizes, my shoe size is a 3.5- pretty awesome! We meet with our venue leaders. I got switched from the track venue to the gymnastics venue- kind of disappointing but I'm working for the head of the venue so that could be good. Allie was disappointed because she got moved to field hockey, but its the olympics and it will be amazing I'm sure. We start training July 15. the 11th-13th the Olympic Committee is going to give us tours of Beijing, its good to finally have some information.

I went to a bank to exchange some money and that was a huge mess, but I now have chinese money and feel really weathly when it costs me 2 dollars to eat dinner! I went with a few guys over to a little connivence store and we had fun trying to find stuff. I bought my first snickers bar and am enjoying that right now! Thats been our day so far, pretty eventful. We have a lecture in about an hour then a break for dinner and a banquet tonight. I'll write more when I can!

1 comment:

Susan & Jim said...

News flash: CBJ trade Zherdev and Fritsche to New York Rangers