Monday, July 28, 2008

1/2 way home

I can't believe that tomorrow we've been here a full month! There are some days that feel so long, but all in all time for me is flying by. I'm sure this will only speed up once the games begin. The last few days there's not much to report. Saturday my friend Eric and I went to the Bamboo park. I never ceases to amaze me that there are some places in Beijing where you can be in the middle of the city and not hear a thing. They had very relaxing music playing on a P.A. system and I joked that we should have brought yoga mats and done yoga in the park. We also found our way to the "amusement park" part of the park. This consisted of bumper cars, a merry go round, and a few other little rides. It was very fun, but not what we expected to find at all. After the park we met up with 4 of our friends at a local pizza place. The pizza shop has beer pong every thursday which Allie and I were going to sign up for, but unfortunately the have stopped it for the olympics.

Sunday I woke up and felt like I was dying, so my day consisted of friends bring me dvd's to watch and mcdonalds to eat. I will just say I am one lucky girl. I fortunately brought along some antibiotics and sinus medicine and Allie also brought some cold meds- so I loaded up on that yesterday and feeling better today. I made myself get up and out of he hotel this afternoon (I go back to training tomorrow, today was an off day). Eric and I ventured down to tea street. I will never understand how these people stay in business. Tea street is a mile of road with the exact same store in every building. I thought Eric was going to shoot me when I sat down at a table to sample tea, of course we were there for 30 minutes and tried about 50 kinds of tea. We both magically walked away empty handed, although the people in the store were not too happy. I just got back from dinner and am going to head to bed so this cold/sinus infection goes away by tomorrow or wednesday. Hopefully the next few days will be more eventful and I'll have more to blog about!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Whit:

We missed you on Saturday. Had a great family time and the game was fun even though Pittsburgh lost.

Hope you start feeling better.

Sure sounds like there are some interesting things in China!

It makes it more fun to read the paper and see that they are talking about the same venues for the sports that you are talking about.

Take care.

Love,

Aunt Karen

Susan & Jim said...

Will just called (4:30 p.m.) and he's back in NYC. More later.

Glad you took your antibiotics with you!

Mom